Dunstrand Rising - Gallants Ride Again
ex-con, street-smart, city-savy
He is middle aged (41), human, male, 5’7”, 130#; was hobbled on left hamstring – cannot run
> : Now he has a path forward and is determined not to let his final days be ignoble.
Kinetic Aptitude 4, Urban Upbringing, improved campaign parameters
CRD 6 (+ 1 CS affected skills)
RCT 6 (+ 1 CS affected skills)
PER 5 (7 touch; + 1)
Good Luck, Equipment, Code of Conduct: Gallants, Code of Conduct: Oath of Service, Tithe: 50% lord, acute touch, less sleep, and minor connection: (the guy who holds my ‘stuff’ when i need a place for it)
Melee 1+1, Propel 1+1, Shoot 1+1, Evade 3, Persuade 3, Repair 1, Streetwise 7, Ride 2+1, lore: business 2, lore:Dunstrand 2, appraising 2, Occult lore 2, sleight of hand 2+1+1, lang: mercat 2/1, lang: Gladnorean 4/4, lang: Orrish 2/1, lang: Feyloise 2/1
(EC = 4×12 = 48) _leather jerkin 24, dagger 2 _
Silver Value = Purse
> fitted leather x1 (600sc fit=2/ Enc 24; 8/60)
Short Sword x1
Leather Jerkin x1
Basic clothes (2 sets), nice clothes (1 set), 2 sets boots, warm wool cape, overnight pack, bedroll, cook gear (utensils, whetstone, bowl, cup, 1 pot, 1 pan), flint & tinder, lamp, 3 flasks lamp oil, 3 torches, 20m of rope, 2 belts, light tarp, 1 grease tin (waterproofing), 2 small sacks, walking stick (light staff), wine skin w/watered wine, 1 week worth of preserved rations, 1 week worth of fresh ration
> equal stake in the GALLANTS TREASURE
Formerly ‘The Gimper’ Now ‘Bags’ thanks to spins comment about windbags. (Still maintaining that it’s short for ‘moneybags’)
For years he’s been working on just improving his reactions and over-compensating for the loss of his ability to run. This way he can make himself useful again. (RCT + 3).
Given as prize to the Green River Brigade in the battle at Risquist Farm in Cerran’s Grant. He claimed he was one of the Elon – the gypsy folk; no longer claims he is Elon (outed by “Pretty Boy” of the Vynt brothers). At first he fell in with Cage Northfort, but after being close to him and realizing how dangerous he was he quickly decided to distance himself from the group. After travel through a few scenarios, he realized that his life was likely to end shortly if he stayed with them. They traveled to Karolak of the North Merchant Cities, and it seemed like things began to settle. When Cage tried to kidnap one of his fellow companions, Willup knew it was time. He began to associate more with Taer and Xar – not the group leaders, but those who may be powerful enough to be interested in the tale of his escape and possibly trading his knowledge of the secret ore processing going on in East River Run… When Gide was given a position in the Ducal guards, he gravitated towards him – which is where he stays now, serving as a groomsman and aide. Eventually he took an oath to live and die as a Gallant. Gide’s example inspired him and we was offered the chance at a new life as a camp follower he took it. No more debt, a place of acceptance, a family. Plus the new ‘recruits’ looked at his as a veteran and treated him with respect (except for debunking his Elon origins).
Went into debt and sent to debtors prison. Escaped and had his hamstring cut. Had 2 years added to his term of indentured servitude.
> ORIGINS: Willup
Code of the Gallants
(based on the written, official code)
- Duty to brotherhood, faith and guild… but loyalty to group first
- Trust and follow the chain of command, inside the group and out
- Orders given are to be obeyed. Abuse of command will result in a vote that strips it and gives it to another.
- Information is given on a need to know basis; not everything will be shared by the group – this is to protect it more than anything
- Respect authority but never without question
- In battle, back your companions move – later is the time to question
- Never leave anyone behind – even if you have to return
- Spend on the group, not outside – monetarily and time-wise
- Never volunteer for locals; safety and expectation management are more important than making friends
- Never leave the safety of the group without providing plans and details to the leader(s)
- Always take the opportunity to gather intelligence on places, people, and items
- Never walk into a situation without a plan or way of getting out
Character Point Record:
Action Point Record: